WELCOME TO 911 PARROT ALERT'S RESOURCES FOR LOST AND FOUND PARROTS. The purpose of this page is to equip and provide our viewers with the necessary tools and knowledge needed in order to reunite lost and found birds back with their families. 911 Parrot Alert has outlined some pertinent steps that should be taken in the event you have lost or found a bird which includes the following:
1. Search & Retrieve Protocol: The Search & Retrieve Protocol is an important document that will assist in your search for your missing bird. It provides guidance on what to do and how to search for your bird along with information for retrieving your bird once spotted. Please download, print and follow the instructions in the protocol.
2. Nextdoor: Is a free social networking service that will allow you to connect with and alert your neighborhood and community of a lost or found bird. Please sign up and get an urgent lost or found message posted in your area asap.
USA: nextdoor.com & ring.com
3. Database: It is important to list your lost or found bird in the databases provided as both owners and finders search these databases for lost or found birds. Please post your lost or found bird in 911 Parrot Alert's database located at 911parrotalert.com and to the databases provided on the resource page. resourcesforlostfoundparrots.blogspot.com/p/lost-found-bird-databases.html
4. Fliers: Fliers are an effective way to alert your neighborhood and community of a lost or found bird. These fliers can be printed and shared to other lost and found Facebook pages, Instagram, Nextdoor and any other online site. If you would like a flier created, you may Create A Flier Here.
5. Advertise: Please get a lost or found ad posted to both the 'lost and found' and 'pet' sections on craigslist. The newspaper and local media would also be a helpful source in reaching out to people. The more people who are aware of your missing bird the better chance you have in being reunited.
Canada: Craigslist & Kijiji
6. Notify: If you have lost or found a bird, please notify and frequently check local vets, shelters/animal control, rspca, and rescues in your area. Please check your shelters daily as their stray hold period is only 3-7 days or less.
USA & Canada: Please register with and check petharbor.com.
STATES & COUNTRIES:
The states and countries listed below provide additional ideas of facebook pages & groups where a lost or found bird can be posted. Some of these pages & groups listed may not be bird specific, but rather general lost and found pet pages in your area where a lost or found bird can still be posted.
Isle of Man
United Arab Emerites